We have now started having a story time at he end of the session which is going well. We invite all the children to join in even the babies. We are building up a library of the large books series such as ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’. The children love the repetitive nature of the story and joining in with the sound effects such as ‘swishy swashy’ for the long grass.
Term DatesSpring Term 2019
- Wednesday 9th January 2019 - Wednesday 3rd April 2019
- Half term: Wednesday 20th February 2019
- Wednesday 24th April 2019 - Wednesday 24th July 2019
- Half term : Wednesday 29th May 2019
- Wednesday 11th September 2019-Wednesday 18th December 2019
- Half term : Wednesday 30th October 2019
As new parents to SWOP we have found it a fantastic support, outlet and opportunity to learn about our baby with special needs. Meeting other parents in similar situations has been invaluable. The stimulation it provides for our baby has taught us how to create positive play at home and stop focusing on her diagnosis and to remember she is a baby first of all. Great contact to hear of other services too.— Liz (mum)
Thanks for its existence and to all the volunteers for their kindness and efforts. We are very fortunate to have this in our area.